Monday, October 12, 2015

Wisdom from GOD


Proverbs 7: My son, keep my words
    and store up my commands within you.
Keep my commands and you will live;
    guard my teachings as the apple of your eye.
Bind them on your fingers;
    write them on the tablet of your heart.
Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,”
    and to insight, “You are my relative.”
They will keep you from the adulterous woman,
    from the wayward woman with her seductive words.

============

Walking back from a friend’s house I heard a car speeding down the street followed closely by a police car. As they tore down the alley I was near, I saw them throw something from the car and thought nothing of it. Later that night the phone rang and I picked it up. A woman was on the phone and she asked if I had seen anything. I told her I had not and she began to say seductive words and asked if I had a car. “Wow! No one had ever said stuff like this to me” I thought to myself.

  • There were times when I fell for seductive words.
  • There were times where I wanted to be seduced.
  • There were times where I would fall for just about anything.


Gullible was written all over my forehead as I did not question how this person even got my number connecting me to an obvious crime. My teenage hormones raced and all I could hear were those words. Is there a warning?

  • GOD says to me “Keep MY commands and you will live.”
  • GOD says to me “Guard MY teachings as the apple of your eye.”
  • GOD says to me “Adopt wisdom as your sister and insight as your relative.”


I would like to say this was the only incident that I fell for, but alas it wasn’t. I think I lost my class ring and some hard earned cash to other smooth talkers within the next year. GOD wants me to fully grasp that HIS direction is meant for my protection, not to prevent me from having “fun.” GOD wants what is best for me and asks that I keep HIS ways.

  • Are you being fooled?
  • Are you listening to seductive words from someone?
  • Can you stop listening to those words and follow GOD today?


No comments:

Post a Comment