Monday, October 19, 2015

Work Hard


Proverbs 12: 14 From the fruit of their lips people are filled with good things,
    and the work of their hands brings them reward.

============

After hanging out all night, I felt it necessary to get my rest. I mean I went to bed around 2:30AM and had to be at work downtown at 7:00AM. Since I did not have much money I had to be there earlier because there were three parking meters that were missing and I could park all day for free if I got one of them. I stumbled in at 6:30AM, chose my favorite stall in the restroom and went to sleep.

  • There were times where my work ethic was not high.
  • There were times when my thoughts about work were of lower priority.
  • There were times that I stole time from work doing my own thing.


Immaturity made me think the world owed something to me. I mean can’t “they” understand that I am young, single and full of life? They must understand that I “need” to be out late to grow my social skills, right? Wrong!

  • GOD wants me to be diligent in the work HE has given me.
  • GOD wants me to produce for whoever I work for, even if they are a “bad” boss.
  • GOD wants me to work as unto HIM even thought I may not like the job.


My attitude had to change, fast! GOD changed my heart towards work and enabled me to mature. HE gave me praise on my lips about jobs and showed me HIS might. GOD give me my reward for my positive attitude.

  • Are you complaining about your job?
  • Do you think your job owes you something?
  • Will you start praising GOD about your job instead of complaining?
  • Will you become more diligent about working because you are working for GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment