Monday, November 2, 2015

Want to be Rich?


Proverbs 22:Humility is the fear of the Lord;
    its wages are riches and honor and life.

============

When I got the promotion, I felt great for a moment. I was far from my goal from being on top. I noticed the people on top were self-centered, egotistical Cretans, or at least that was the labels I could think of at the time. “How do I make it to the top” I asked someone. “You must learn how to embrace the leaders” he said. Embrace was code word for become.

  • I have fallen for the trap of the human path to riches.
  • I have fallen for the trap of the human path to wealth.
  • I have fallen for the trap of the human path to titles.


I soon learned new words like “tough” instead of “heartless” when it came to releasing a group of hard working people who were doing nothing wrong, just to meet my numbers. I learned “smart” instead of “innovative” when it came to keeping things the same and not soliciting new ideas. I learned “team player” instead of “whistle blower” when it came to uncovering the sexcapades or immorality of the leaders. How did I get there?

  • GOD says to me “Add humility to your quest and let me raise you up in MY time.”
  • GOD says to me “Do not want for anything rather let ME be your guide.”
  • GOD says to me “Your humility will bring MY reward and honor.”


There is not title or status worth being without GOD. HE knows my “needs” and provides them daily. Those who scoff at that saying may be like I was before GOD focused me. HE wants a solid relationship between me and HIM. This takes humility.

  • Are you arrogant?
  • Do you say “I don’t want” when it comes to something that has not taken place?
  • Will you allow GOD to handle your situation?


No comments:

Post a Comment