Friday, January 22, 2016

Enemies Will Be Friends


Isaiah 19: 19 In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the Lord at its border. 20 It will be a sign and witness to the Lord Almighty in the land of Egypt. When they cry out to the Lord because of their oppressors, he will send them a savior and defender, and he will rescue them.

21 So the Lord will make himself known to the Egyptians, and in that day they will acknowledge the Lord. They will worship with sacrifices and grain offerings; they will make vows to the Lord and keep them. 22 The Lord will strike Egypt with a plague; he will strike them and heal them. They will turn to the Lord, and he will respond to their pleas and heal them.

============

After seeing belligerence I had to throw the person out of my meeting. After seeing no work produced in the time I wanted, I had to fire this other person. After seeing a report about this person’s performance, I had to put them on notice. Years of management had taken its toll. This great land called corporate paid me well to make enemies.

  • There were times when I was the oppressor.
  • There were times when I was the heavy.
  • There were times when I was the bearer of bad news.


Tough or thick skinned is what people in corporate called it. Some may even say moxie.  Looking back on things, I can see that corporate land is similar to that of Egypt land. It provided great wealth, but took my eyes off the prize.

  • GOD wants me to turn my heart back to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to see HIS kingdom first and HE will add what HE wishes to me.
  • GOD wants me to send my pleas to HIM so HE can heal me.


Every minute spent chasing Egypt is a minute spent away from GOD. HE wants me to bring HIS kingdom to Egypt on a daily basis. HE wants me to infiltrate my job and pray for those around me whom HE delivers to me. GOD wants me to be in the world while not being part of it.

  • Are you chasing “success?”
  • Do you spend an exorbitant amount of time trying to “get paid?”
  • Can you stop for a moment and dedicate some time to GOD?
  • Will you seek HIS kingdom first without seeking something in return from GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment