Thursday, January 7, 2016

Names to think about

Isaiah 9: For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the greatness of his government and peace
    there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
    and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
    with justice and righteousness
    from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty
    will accomplish this.

============

Bleeding and bruised, I walked home with a friend after a bully had sat on my chest. Thought he never laid a finger on me, my attempts to escape caused me to scrape up my arm. Waiting on a bus in the rain made me soaked to the bone. Then the bus came and splashed us from head to toe. There were no dry seats on the bus.

Sitting on the side of the road, I waited for my car to work. I would start it and it would only go about 10 miles before dying. The normally two hour trip took nine. How can I praise during these times?

  • There are times where things seem to go wrong by the dozens.
  • There are times where things seem to go from bad to worse.
  • There are times where things seem to go in a really bad direction and I cannot do anything about it.


External circumstances, bad news or rotten behavior of someone else could cause me to carry the problem the rest of the day. I mean did the bus driver really have to run through the puddle? I ask myself. BUT GOD wants me to focus on something else.

  • GOD wants me to think about the “Wonderful Counselor” because HE knows I will have bad days.
  • GOD wants me to know HE is a “Mighty GOD” and can handle any situation.
  • GOD wants me to believe HE is the “Everlasting FATHER” who provides what I need, when I need it.
  • GOD wants me to understand HE is the “Prince of Peace” and I can have peace in this situation and the next.


Looking back on the calamity, I can see that GOD was there all along. HE protected me from being harmed even though the situation that I was going through at the time felt very uncomfortable. HE was always there and still is. HE brings me peace in the middle of the storm and shows me mercy I do not deserve.

  • Are you so deep in your storm that you cannot hear GOD?
  • Is the circumstance you are in so difficult that you feel lost?
  • Can you take a moment to call GOD Wonderful, Mighty and Everlasting without expecting something?


No comments:

Post a Comment