Isaiah 20: 2 at that time the Lord spoke through Isaiah son of Amoz. He said to him, “Take off the sackcloth from your body and the sandals from your feet.” And he did so, going around stripped and barefoot.
3 Then the Lord said, “Just as my servant Isaiah has gone stripped and barefoot for three years, as a sign and portent against Egypt and Cush, 4 so the king of Assyria will lead away stripped and barefoot the Egyptian captives and Cushite exiles, young and old, with buttocks bared—to Egypt’s shame.
Obedience in GOD seems strange. I have never seen any example in the Bible where a person goes to church for an hour or two, writes a check and does some amazing things. In fact it seems quite the opposite. Isaiah was to be used as an extreme example, warning people about what HE was going to do. Isaiah had to walk around naked for three years!
- Sometimes I think GOD only wants to use me the way “I” want to be used.
- Sometimes I think GOD only cares if HE gives me “my” way.
- Sometimes I think GOD only works when I “feel” blessed.
Who wants to be called crazy? I sure don’t. Walking around naked these days would get me locked up in most places. Speaking boldly about JESUS seems crazy to a lot of people these days too. Speaking about the demonic world seems even crazier and has been replaced by marriage seminars and family dinners in churches. But what does GOD want?
- GOD wants to use me if I let HIM do as HE pleases.
- GOD wants to give me an extreme example if my trust in HIM is strong.
- GOD wants me to focus on spiritual treasures not earthly comforts.
I am not saying that GOD has given me something extreme to do. In fact, the things GOD has me doing seem quite tame. I am saying that I need to be open to HIS leading, which may be extreme for me at times. HE may say give up everything and follow me.
People would look at me like I was crazy. HE may say pray constantly, give to the needy or “be” the needy. I don’t know what HE has in store for me, but I must accept HIS path with wide open arms!
- Are you being used on your own terms?
- Do you think of GOD in a small way?
- Can you allow GOD to be bigger and bolder in your life?
- Will you listen to HIS guidance today through HIS word and not on your own thoughts?