Isaiah 7: 3 Then the Lord said to Isaiah, “Go out, you and your son Shear-Jashub, to meet Ahaz at the end of the aqueduct of the Upper Pool, on the road to the Launderer’s Field. 4 Say to him, ‘Be careful, keep calm and don’t be afraid. Do not lose heart because of these two smoldering stubs of firewood—because of the fierce anger of Rezin and Aram and of the son of Remaliah.
Returning home from watching a scary movie I opened the gate and walked to the back door of the house. My neighbor decided to play a prank and snarled from the separating bushes of our homes. I screamed and ran in circles! Interviewing for a company that wanted me to “Flip the image of a heart on screen during surgeries” made me nervous. I screamed and ran in circles!
- There have been many times in which I have been scared.
- There have been many situations where I have lost hope.
- There have been many situations that I could not see a good outcome so I backed out because of fear.
Life seems to bring many scary situations, sometimes daily. I almost had a head on collision once. I almost fell off of high places. I almost got hit by a truck. Each scary time makes me think, “Should I just hide in the corner of my house and never come out?” BUT GOD says different.
- GOD says to me “Be careful, keep calm” during situations, so I will not let my mind run away and spiral out of control.
- GOD says to me “Don’t be afraid” especially when HE prompts me to try something that seems extremely difficult or out of my knowledge or comfort zone.
- GOD says to me “Do not lose heart” because HE knows the many journeys HE will have me travel, I will face opposition.
Staying the course is sometimes extremely difficult. I mean it seems like big obstacles pop up at every turn that will make me want to quit. BUT GOD wants me to focus on HIM rather than the obstacle. My only weapon in many instances is praising GOD in the middle of the storm. HE is the provider, HE is the power and HE is the hiding place in the middle of the storm.
- Are you nervous about something?
- Do you see no way out?
- Can you stop looking at the problem and take a moment to praise GOD for what HE “is” doing?
- Will you “Be careful, keep calm, not be afraid and not lose heart” today because GOD is with you?