Monday, January 4, 2016

Little g or Big G

Isaiah 6: In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another:
“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty;
    the whole earth is full of his glory.”
At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.
“Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”
Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.”

============

Looking at the pile of bills made me feel discouraged. My car was broken down, rent was due, creditors were calling and I was not making enough to pay any of them. Where is GOD when I need HIM, I thought. I went back to my ways of trying to fix all the broken stuff in my life. I asked for extra shifts, but since I was a student, I was not allowed. What was I to do?

  • There are times when it seems like GOD does not care.
  • There are times when it seems like GOD has left me by myself.
  • There are times when it seems like GOD doesn’t have the power HE says HE has.


“Why am I so poor if GOD has so much power?” I thought to myself. I mean, look at the rich people who don’t seem to serve GOD at all, who treat people with contempt. Then I told GOD that I had tried going to church, but it didn’t work. I got another bill and no miracle money appeared in my account, so I stopped going. I was looking at GOD as a small being who only solves problems. BUT GOD wanted me to see different.

  • GOD wants me to see HIM as THE MOST HIGH.
  • GOD wants me to see HIM as ALL POWERFUL.
  • GOD wants me to see HIM as THE ULTIMATE FORGIVER.


Having the wrong view of GOD made me think of HIM as a banker or philanthropist. I only saw what I could get from HIM, not what purpose HE had me on this earth for. I pouted and doubted but GOD was merciful. HE had me work day to day, only focusing on the blessings of that day. HE gave me the strength to carry on and eventually I began to serve HIM no matter what.

GOD blessed many and I could then see that HE has me here for more than wealth. GOD wants me to serve HIM and be wealthy in HIS kingdom. I no longer see “god” as my servant but I see “GOD” as needing to be served.

  • Are you losing your faint in GOD because of your circumstances?
  • Do you think GOD has left you?
  • Will you stop focusing on your situation and start focusing on who GOD is and how powerful HE is?
  • Can you lift HIM back to the place above your circumstances rather than getting discouraged?



No comments:

Post a Comment