Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Looking at the Wrong Things


Isaiah 17: In that day people will look to their Maker
    and turn their eyes to the Holy One of Israel.
They will not look to the altars,
    the work of their hands,
and they will have no regard for the Asherah poles
    and the incense altars their fingers have made.
In that day their strong cities, which they left because of the Israelites, will be like places abandoned to thickets and undergrowth. And all will be desolation.

============

Packing was a mystery to me as I went on my second mission’s trip. It took a lot of effort to get pills, attend meetings and get all the stuff we needed. My expectation of the trip was to have crowd of people listen to me and accept the message right away. A few people showed up and even fewer believed in the message. What’s going on?

  • Sometimes I measure success in GOD in numbers.
  • Sometimes I measure success in GOD with what I can see.
  • Sometimes I measure success in GOD in the buildings, programs and people I can count.


Immediate reward is what I sought on many occasion and when I did not see what “I” expected I looked at GOD like HE was crazy. I mean why so much effort for so few people? BUT GOD felt different.

  • GOD showed me that the angels shout when one person accepts HIS SON as their savior.
  • GOD showed me that it is far more important to help one person into HIS kingdom than to follow the world that will be destroyed.
  • GOD showed me that HE cares for people one at a time and it is better for me to have a single relationship than inch deep relationships with millions.


Following GOD seems strange to most. It sometimes means not looking like the rest of the world. It means doing things differently so that my life points to HIM instead of towards myself. It means measuring success that way GOD does. HE sometimes wants me to leave the ninety nine sheep and go look for the one that’s lost. GOD wants me to put my trust in HIM, not in a world that will be destroyed.

  • Are you following the world without regard to following GOD?
  • Are you having a difficult time getting the success you are looking for?
  • Do you desire to human success or GOD’s success?
  • Will you stop trying to serve money and turn to serving GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment