Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Overcoming Fear


Isaiah 21:My heart falters,
    fear makes me tremble;
the twilight I longed for
    has become a horror to me.

============

Do not be afraid are words I dread to hear. It makes me think of all the things I need to be afraid of. When faced with jumping off the high dive in my swim class the instructor said “do not be afraid” and I was terrified. When problems hit and I see the words in the Bible “Do not be afraid”, I am calm for about three seconds then I panic. What is the problem?

  • Sometimes I get scared.
  • Sometimes I have fear.
  • Sometimes I am filled with nervousness.


Fear happens when my mind takes the extra step. I mean when I start thinking about something bad happening as an outcome to the situation then I panic. What should I do?

  • GOD says to me “Hold every thought captive” which means I should not step too far into the future with my thoughts.
  • GOD says to me “I am with you always” which means that I am not alone.
  • GOD says to me “You are wonderfully made” which means I am in the most powerful family.


Trusting in GOD means taking life a little at a time. No ultimate solutions to problems. GOD wants me to see HIM daily. HE wants me to understand that when HE says “Do not be afraid” He is giving me a weapon versus scolding me. GOD is handing me the shield of protection as if saying “Do not be afraid, your HEAVENLY FATHER who loves you is right here.”

  • Are you afraid?
  • Are you tired of people telling you to trust more?
  • Can you give just a little fear to GOD by telling HIM what you are afraid of?
  • Will you face your fears instead of having HIM remove them so you can grow beyond them?
  • Can you praise GOD in the middle of your fears?


No comments:

Post a Comment