Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Remembering is Important

Isaiah 22: 10 You counted the buildings in Jerusalem
    and tore down houses to strengthen the wall.
11 You built a reservoir between the two walls
    for the water of the Old Pool,
but you did not look to the One who made it,
    or have regard for the One who planned it long ago.

============

Night after night I worked hard on the project. When I finished I was invited to attend the convention. “My” project was such a success that they gave me a reward and a huge bonus. “I” did it, I thought to myself.

  • Sometimes I think I am the one who accomplishes things.
  • Sometimes I think I am the one who deserves accolades.
  • Sometimes I think I am the captain of my fate, master of my soul.


When I put in a tremendous amount of effort I tend to forget GOD. I mean I know HE is there, yet I forget to turn and acknowledge HIS involvement.

  • GOD wants me to acknowledge HIS presence every step of the way.
  • GOD wants me to see HIS miracles daily so HE can do marvelous works around me and possibly through me.
  • GOD wants me to thank HIM for the tiniest things this way I will be appreciative of larger things.


Many times I thought “I” was the one who deserved the pat on the back, so I poked my chest out. BUT GOD was gracious enough to take the back seat for a while. HE was patient with me and made me realize that I need HIM not the other way around. HE should get all the accolades for every accomplishment I get. GOD is awesome!

  • Do you think “you” accomplished what you accomplished?
  • Do you think “you” are being held back by someone?
  • Can you stop and acknowledge GOD in your plans today?
  • Will you turn and thank HIM for all HE has done in your life?


No comments:

Post a Comment