Friday, January 15, 2016

Taking over THE Throne

Isaiah 14: 12 How you have fallen from heaven,
    morning star, son of the dawn!
You have been cast down to the earth,
    you who once laid low the nations!
13 You said in your heart,
    “I will ascend to the heavens;
I will raise my throne
    above the stars of God;
I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly,
    on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon.
14 I will ascend above the tops of the clouds;
    I will make myself like the Most High.”
15 But you are brought down to the realm of the dead,
    to the depths of the pit.

============

Sitting in the audience of a dynamic speaker made me want to attend speaker training. After my lessons I felt I could take on the world! Listening to a sermon and watching everyone around me fall asleep, I said to myself “I could probably say that message with more excitement.”

  • When I think more highly of myself, I may be putting someone else down.
  • When my confidence turns into arrogance, I may be headed in the wrong direction.
  • When I look at other people as the problem instead of them being part of the solution I may be in trouble.


Having a “kingdom” on earth means having followers who believe in “me.”  Whether it’s a kingdom on social media or a crowd who listens to me speak, it is still a kingdom. The problem with having a kingdom is the “end” stops at me. I mean I get the accolades and feel pretty good about myself but that is as far as it goes. What should I be doing?

  • Instead of building a kingdom for myself, I should build a kingdom for GOD.
  • Instead of having people look at me, I should have them look at GOD.
  • Instead of getting the praise, I should have them give GOD ALL the praise.


Accolades on earth can be quite tempting. A group of social friends who “like” my stuff feels good, but if my life is not pointing to GOD, it is a waste. In fact, I start becoming “g”od when I like my crowd a little too much. I start wanting control of my life and blaming “G”OD for my problems. After a while my life becomes filled with blame, remorse and doubt instead of praise, appreciation and joy. 

GOD wants me to elevate HIM to HIS proper place. HE commands respect and desires my love. HE is the MOST HIGH, not me and I should always keep this perspective.

  • Are you blaming GOD for where you are?
  • Do you feel you deserve better and wish to “take control” of your life?
  • Can you give GOD your life and let HIM do with it as HE pleases?
  • Will you humble yourself and grow GOD’s kingdom in spite of your circumstances?


No comments:

Post a Comment