Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Waiting Period

Isaiah 8: 16 Bind up this testimony of warning
    and seal up God’s instruction among my disciples.
17 I will wait for the Lord,
    who is hiding his face from the descendants of Jacob.
I will put my trust in him.

============

“Will this person ever stop talking” is what I thought to myself as I wanted the meeting to be over with. “Will this person just move over” I thought to myself as they were driving one mile under the speed limit. “Why won’t they just promote me right now” I thought to myself as I rushed to be at the top.

  • Sometimes I am impatient.
  • Sometimes I want it right now.
  • Sometimes I do not want to wait.


Impatience is something I definitely embrace. It is a heralded quality in business and celebrated throughout the world. The success in business can however be a detriment. It is hard to turn on and off patience as money and time seem to be needed more and more. What am I to do?

  • GOD says to me “Seal up MY instructions in people” which takes time.
  • GOD says to me “Wait on the LORD for your deliverance” so sometimes I have to remain where I am for a little while longer.
  • GOD says to me “Put your trust in the LORD” which means I shouldn’t always jump into HIS plans trying to fix the situation.


Patience means I can sit back and “trust” GOD. I can know that HIS plan will unfold just as HE says. HE is the one who delivers me in HIS way and in HIS time. I should not fret over the current circumstance because HIS plan is too marvelous for me.

  • Are you stuck in a situation for a long time?
  • Are you losing your patience?
  • Can you trust that GOD wants you to grow and HE needs you to place your trust in HIM?


No comments:

Post a Comment