Ezekiel 39: 25 “Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will now restore the fortunes of Jacob and will have compassion on all the people of Israel, and I will be zealous for my holy name. 26 They will forget their shame and all the unfaithfulness they showed toward me when they lived in safety in their land with no one to make them afraid.
Driving in circles, I got a little afraid. I was a young driver and I had not driven to this part of town. It was the “East Side” and I had never even heard of the streets. In my mind even the babies in strollers were trying to rob me. I was nervous. I drove a little further and found a familiar street. It took a while but I made it back to “civilization.” There was nothing wrong with that side of town, but I did not want to go back any time soon!
- There have been places I have gone that have been very scary.
- There have been situations I have encountered that have made me nervous.
- There have been circumstances I have faced where the unknown seemed larger than what I could see.
Life sometimes has some ups and sometimes it has its downs. I cannot tell how many I have been through, but I certainly can tell when I am being delivered from calamity rather than going in. It feels great!
- GOD restores my fortunes.
- GOD has compassion on me and is zealous in HIS holy name.
- GOD delivers me to live in safety so I will no longer be afraid.
Deliverance is GOD’s realm. Only HE can deliver me safely and make my paths straight. HE helps me forget my shame and my unfaithfulness towards HIM by shining HIS light on me. GOD restores me fully!
- Do you need to be restored?
- Are you full of shame and disgrace?
- Will you turn your face to GOD and let HIM deliver you?