Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Kingdom Minded

Ezekiel 27:Men of Sidon and Arvad were your oarsmen;
    your skilled men, Tyre, were aboard as your sailors.
Veteran craftsmen of Byblos were on board
    as shipwrights to caulk your seams.
All the ships of the sea and their sailors
    came alongside to trade for your wares.
10 “‘Men of Persia, Lydia and Put
    served as soldiers in your army.
They hung their shields and helmets on your walls,
    bringing you splendor.
11 Men of Arvad and Helek
    guarded your walls on every side;
men of Gammad
    were in your towers.
They hung their shields around your walls;
    they brought your beauty to perfection.

-------

26 Your oarsmen take you
    out to the high seas.
But the east wind will break you to pieces
    far out at sea.
27 Your wealth, merchandise and wares,
    your mariners, sailors and shipwrights,
your merchants and all your soldiers,
    and everyone else on board
will sink into the heart of the sea
    on the day of your shipwreck.

============

Pondering this chapter, I could not help but notice that GOD pays attention to who is serving who. HE even paid attention to their motive for serving. HE noticed every single thing they were doing and allowed them to accomplish “greatness” in the eyes of humans. BUT GOD wanted something different to be noticed.

  • GOD does not mind me accomplishing things as long as HE truly gets the praise for my abilities.
  • GOD does not mind me showing my creativity as long as I point to the CREATOR.
  • GOD does not mind me becoming wealthy as long as I acknowledge that “my” wealth is but a portion of HIS great wealth.


Tyre was a “self-made” nation. They had great wealth and strong humans pulled alongside to protect the money. BUT GOD was not praised and HE showed them HIS might by tearing down their wealth. HE does the same in my life. When I put too much emphasis on money, HE has a way to pile the bills so high, my little change can’t reach the top of the debt. BUT GOD is merciful.

  • GOD says to me “If you would turn your ways back to me, I will raise you up.”
  • GOD says to me “Seek first the kingdom of GOD and all these things will be added to you.”
  • GOD says to me “Put ME first and you will be blessed.”


Giving GOD the praise is very important! HE deserves every ounce of credit, but does not need it. HE wants me to see HIS power over everything!

  • Are you bragging about your wealth?
  • Do you think you are “self-made”?
  • Can you stop looking at yourself and your accomplishments for just one second and look at GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment