Ezekiel 45: 9 “‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: You have gone far enough, princes of Israel! Give up your violence and oppression and do what is just and right. Stop dispossessing my people, declares the Sovereign Lord.
Budget time came around quickly this time. Cuts had to be made and I thought to myself “If we could only get rid of my boss and a few other scoundrels then there would be enough money for raises.” I called them scoundrels because this was an easy label to justify my decisions.
- There have been times I have been a thief in disguise.
- There have been times I have stolen someone else’s salary and position.
- There have been times I have fought off the mighty in order to gain ground.
Dispossessing was about the only way to get ahead in the company I was in. I mean the person above had to practically die out of office in order for everyone to move up a notch. The accepted method of moving ahead was to knock the person off the top and take the higher spot. This was done through clannish slander and smear campaigns. BUT GOD wanted me to behave different.
- GOD said to me “Give up your violence.”
- GOD said to me “Give up your oppression.”
- GOD said to me “Stop dispossessing MY people.”
GOD wants me to have a heart “for” people, not against them. HE would rather I stay in the same spot and serve than to rip someone apart and conquer them. GOD wants “their” heart and it may take me to humble myself rather than exalting my skills. My purpose should only be to bring people to HIM.
- Are you trying to slander someone?
- Are you thinking the best for that person or are you secretly trying to dispossess them?
- Can you stand on your own merit by having GOD guide you?