Thursday, August 4, 2016

Collecting Trophies

Ezekiel 28: The word of the Lord came to me: “Son of man, say to the ruler of Tyre, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says:
“‘In the pride of your heart
    you say, “I am a god;
I sit on the throne of a god
    in the heart of the seas.”
But you are a mere mortal and not a god,
    though you think you are as wise as a god.
Are you wiser than Daniel?
    Is no secret hidden from you?
By your wisdom and understanding
    you have gained wealth for yourself
and amassed gold and silver
    in your treasuries.
By your great skill in trading
    you have increased your wealth,
and because of your wealth
    your heart has grown proud.

============

Twelve out of a possible three hundred was my first bowling score, but at the end of the season I was “most improved” and received a trophy. Soon I got accustomed to winning trophies in bowling and wanted trophies in other areas of my life. I received awards in school and moved onto work where I received numerous awards and accolades. “I am all that” I thought to myself. I better go in and demand a raise and promotion. I mean the company would stop without “me.”

  • There were times I have bought into the accolades.
  • There were times I have believed in “my” abilities.
  • There were times I have thought more of myself than I should.


Whenever I believe in the team of “me” I seem to get in trouble. I mean after a while others can’t do things as good as I can. Soon I start thinking they can’t do things right at all. Pride rises before the fall. BUT GOD can head the fall off.

  • GOD says to me “I AM willing to forgive you if you turn away from your pride.”
  • GOD says to me “I AM your creator.”
  • GOD says to me “I AM the ONE who saves, the ONE who has life, the ONE who owns everything.”


“My” abilities are not mine at all, they are simply borrowed like clothes from a neighbor. Any accomplishment I achieve needs to have GOD mentioned. In fact, anything I do needs GOD’s permission; otherwise I will not be successful. GOD can stop my pride as long as I point to HIM.

  • Do you have trouble letting others do for you?
  • Do you think “that” person cannot do anything right in your eyes?
  • Will you stop letting your pride blind you and allow GOD to open your eyes?
  • Can you lower your expectations of others and raise your need for GOD higher?
  • Will you sop your pride today and humble yourself before GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment