Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Feel Sorry for the Rich and Powerful

Ezekiel 32:“Son of man, take up a lament concerning Pharaoh king of Egypt and say to him:
“‘You are like a lion among the nations;
    you are like a monster in the seas
thrashing about in your streams,
    churning the water with your feet
    and muddying the streams.
“‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says:
“‘With a great throng of people
    I will cast my net over you,
    and they will haul you up in my net.

============

GOD sees. GOD Hears. GOD knows. Sometimes I wondered if HE does. I mean those who are in power seem to flaunt it recklessly, meanwhile “I’m sitting on this bus next to the man smelling like who knows what”, I thought to myself. “Is this fair?” I would exclaim to GOD!

  • There have been times I have compared my life to those who are extremely rich.
  • There have been times I have pointed at the rich and powerful as being the problem.
  • There have been times I have wondered why those who possibly lie and cheat their way to the top seem to get away with everything and I have count my bus fare.


Back then I thought it was appropriate to wish the rich to fall and the poor to rise, but then they would become rich and the cycle would continue with bad attitudes in different people. GOD wants me to lament over what is coming.

  • GOD says to me “Lament over those in power today for if they do not turn to ME they will fall.”
  • GOD says to me “Do not be envious over those in power today for I will hold every word against them if they do not turn to ME.”
  • GOD says to me “Every action, every penny is being held accountable for all, turn to ME before it is too late.


JESUS did not have a dime as HE walked the earth. HE was the poorest of the poor, yet HE was rich in that HE owned everything. Monetary wealth can bring blindness to the fact that I am related to the ONE who owns everything, namely JESUS. HE wants me to focus on HIM in the times of trouble rather than pointing at the rich and becoming jealous. HE wants me to see that HE is the Sovereign LORD.

  • Are you holding multiple conversations about the rich and powerful?
  • Do you get disturbed about what the wealthy are doing?
  • What happen if you held this many conversations about JESUS with the same amount of passion?
  • Can you speak about GOD to someone today as freely as you speak about the rich and powerful?


No comments:

Post a Comment