Ezekiel 34: 25 “‘I will make a covenant of peace with them and rid the land of savage beasts so that they may live in the wilderness and sleep in the forests in safety. 26 I will make them and the places surrounding my hill a blessing. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing. 27 The trees will yield their fruit and the ground will yield its crops; the people will be secure in their land. They will know that I am the Lord, when I break the bars of their yoke and rescue them from the hands of those who enslaved them.
With shoulders slumped I went into the office defeated. “’Sigh’ I guess I will be here forever” I thought to myself. I kind of enjoyed the job, but did not like the city and I was young, single and still ready to enjoy myself. I felt trapped with no way out.
- There have been times where I felt caged in.
- There have been times where I felt trapped in a snare.
- There have been times where I felt my potential was being wasted away while being enslaved.
As I sat there staring at my cubicle wall a phone call came in with a job opportunity to move. I had not applied nor did I know where this person got my name. I received the information and immediately knew this was the place for me! I was rescued from the dungeon!
- GOD says to me “I will make a covenant of peace with you.”
- GOD says to me “I will make the wilderness and surrounding places safe for you.”
- GOD says to me “I will make place you in a growing tree in a field where there is a bountiful crop and there you will be secure.”
Looking back I can see many times where I thought “This is the end and I am stuck.” I felt like the momentum in my desire had stalled, BUT GOD said something different. HE is the one who says “That’s enough” and rescues me from the tempest. HE makes the waters of my life still and restores my soul. GOD is my shower of blessing!
- Are you feeling lost?
- Have you given up on everything, even GOD?
- Can you allow GOD to strengthen your faith again?