Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Protected while Chastened


Ezekiel 26: “Son of man, because Tyre has said of Jerusalem, ‘Aha! The gate to the nations is broken, and its doors have swung open to me; now that she lies in ruins I will prosper,’ therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against you, Tyre, and I will bring many nations against you, like the sea casting up its waves.

============

Timid in my mannerisms I observed a few people acting silly during class. I had enough of being teased and wanted some positive peer press. When I acted like the disrupters, the teacher quickly got ahold of me and sent me to the principal’s office. When I returned, I faced even more ridicule. The teacher stepped in and said “Next one who laughs gets sent.”

  • There were times I received discipline in front of everyone.
  • There were times I received discipline at the most embarrassing moment.
  • There were times I received discipline when everyone was looking and it seemed like my world was going to crumble.


How come everyone else can do stuff and I have to be the “goody two shoes?” I asked. The explanation actually surprised me. “You can be special if you act special.” The teacher was rescuing me from myself, at the same time she held off those who would pummel me on the playground.

  • GOD says to me “MY rod and MY staff will comfort you” meaning HE will chasten me but only so much.
  • GOD says to me “Spare the rod, spoil the child” meaning HE will not hesitate to discipline HIS own children but only so much.
  • GOD says to me “I gave my only SON to be murdered on your behalf” meaning those who oppose the SON and who think they can take over are dead wrong!


GOD did not spare HIS one and only SON so I know HE will not hesitate to discipline me for some of the stupid things I do. BUT GOD does not crush me to the point of extinction. HE still has a purpose for me so HE dusts me off and picks me back up to continue. HE also does something marvelous. Those who try to kick me when I am down are not only blocked, BUT GOD goes after them with a vengeance.

HE raises HIS hand and says “NO” to those who desire to do harm to me, then HE takes them down in the process in hopes they will turn back to HIM as well. GOD only wants me to act like the special person HE created. Be holy because I AM holy.

  • Are you acting out?
  • Are you pouting and want some attention?
  • Can you let GOD change your heart so you can act like the special person HE created?


No comments:

Post a Comment