Ezekiel 37: 23 They will no longer defile themselves with their idols and vile images or with any of their offenses, for I will save them from all their sinful backsliding, and I will cleanse them. They will be my people, and I will be their God.
Going down the slide wasn’t enough for our playground; you had to be brave enough to run up its steep incline. As I tried over and over I found myself on my back as I tumbled down the slippery slope. The same goes for life. Many times I have told GOD, “I will NEVER do or say that again” and moments later I am doing or saying what I just said I wouldn’t.
- There have been times when I have slid back into the same old sins.
- There have been times when I left my promises to reach for my own protection.
- There have been times when I was on the wrong trail because I got off the correct one.
It seems like I go through periods when I am walking very close to GOD and other times it feels like I have slid so far away from HIM that even HE can’t find me. How can I be sure that HE will even look for me?
- GOD said to me “I WILL save you from your backsliding.”
- GOD said to me “I WILL cleanse you.”
- GOD said to me “I WILL be your GOD and you will be MY people.”
GOD does not need me to clean myself up or be perfect. In fact HE knows the more I try to be perfect the more highly I think of myself. HE simply wants me to “be” and let HIM do the rest. Yes, sin is awful, but that should not be my focus. GOD wants me to focus on what HE is doing daily.
HE is delivering me on a daily basis. Protection flows from HIS sinews as I crouch behind HIS strength. HE saves me in the middle of my sin and does not wait. HE picks me up and teaches me how not to slide back. HE and HE alone placed me in HIS family, never to leave me again!
- Are you sliding backwards to your old ways?
- Do you think you are far away from GOD?
- Can you understand that HE is right there with you?
- Will you allow HIM to rescue you from your idols and vile images and other offenses?
- Will you allow GOD to be your GOD and you HIS people?