Ezekiel 25: 15 “This is what the Sovereign Lord says: ‘Because the Philistines acted in vengeance and took revenge with malice in their hearts, and with ancient hostility sought to destroy Judah, 16 therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am about to stretch out my hand against the Philistines, and I will wipe out the Kerethites and destroy those remaining along the coast. 17 I will carry out great vengeance on them and punish them in my wrath. Then they will know that I am the Lord, when I take vengeance on them.’”
Seeking revenge felt good sometimes. I mean with anger boiling, I felt I had the “right” to inflict whatever pain or harm I could legally do to the person who “started” the fight in the first place. BUT GOD says something different.
- GOD says to me “Get rid of malice in your heart, otherwise it can turn into hatred.”
- GOD says to me “Get rid of ancient hostility in order to move into the future.”
- GOD says to me “Vengeance is MINE says the LORD, I will repay.”
Letting GOD take care of those who trespass against me enables me to feel better about whatever is going on with “that” person. I can sleep and eat without a carrying around misery and pain. GOD wants me to ask HIM to forgive my trespasses as well as those who trespass against me. Instead of seeking revenge, I will seek GOD.
- Do you have malice in your heart against someone?
- Are you carrying around ancient hostility?
- Can you allow GOD to take care of the situation knowing HE will deal with you also?