Ezekiel 38: 22 I will execute judgment on him with plague and bloodshed; I will pour down torrents of rain, hailstones and burning sulfur on him and on his troops and on the many nations with him. 23 And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the Lord.
“I hope my running-back gets more yards than my opponent” was my prayer. Fantasy football was extremely fun to play and I got into it. My coworkers got me involved and it was a sign of being accepted. Praying for running-backs is probably okay, but looking back, I wonder what I would pray for if I only had a few breaths left in my body.
- GOD is concerned with minor things in my life as well as major things.
- GOD is concerned about growing me up to think more like HIM and to see those around me.
- GOD is opening up my eyes to not just getting stuff but being who HE want me to be.
From lost car keys to loss of life, GOD wants my prayer. BUT GOD wants me to know HE is in control of nations, this planet and this universe. One reason is when I face situations and think there is no way out, HE wants me to know that HE is bigger than anything I can go through.
- I can trust GOD because HE does exactly what HE says.
- I can trust GOD because HE is the only one who can keep a promise.
- I can trust GOD because HE is the first and the last.
GOD says “I WILL make MYSELF known in the sight of many nations.” HE will one day pour out wrath that has never been measured. The problem for humans is it will be too late. GOD would prefer that I come to HIM willingly rather than having to go through calamity in order to seek HIM. GOD is much larger than anything I can face. I only need to turn to HIM.
- Have you thought so little of GOD that you think HE cannot solve what you are going through?
- Are your words full of blame and doubt?
- Can you seek the LORD first and allow HIM to rule in your life?
- Will you allow GOD to open your eyes to HIS greatness?