Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Being Invited

Zephaniah 1: Be silent before the Sovereign Lord,
    for the day of the Lord is near.
The Lord has prepared a sacrifice;
    he has consecrated those he has invited.

============

Overlooked and unimportant was my description. Everyone else was having “fun” meanwhile I was the person who was picked last to be on the team. One day, while sitting in class, I heard the most foreign words. “Would you like to come to my birthday party on Saturday?” In shock, I had to look around to see if they were speaking to me. “Yes” I blurted out! Wow, my first birthday party!

  • It feels great to be invited.
  • It truly feels wonderful to be thought of.
  • It really feels terrific to be included.


Getting an invitation means “I belong” and I wasn’t getting a lot of them, or at least not the right ones. I was invited to try some drugs and another time I was invited to be an accomplice to a shoplifting plot. While I avoided these, some of the “not so good” invitations sounded good. What should I do?

  • GOD says to me “Be silent before ME.”
  • GOD says to me “MY return is imminent and the day of the LORD will be horrifying.”
  • GOD says to me “I have invited you to be part of MY family. I stand at the door and knock. If anyone opens the door I WILL come in and sup with them.”


Many years later I see that there is only one invitation that is important, namely being invited to be in GOD’s family. Through JESUS, whose death burial and resurrection cleansed my sins, I was invited. When I accepted this ultra-special invitation, I now belong to a family who will never leave me nor forsake me. I am treated wonderfully by GOD!

  • Are you looking for an invitation but not getting it?
  • Do you feel left out?
  • Will you accept GOD’s invitation to be part of HIS family?
  • Do you know HE is looking specifically for you right now so HE can pour out HIS love on you?


No comments:

Post a Comment