Thursday, November 17, 2016

Daily Delight


Micah 7: But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord,
    I wait for God my Savior;
    my God will hear me.

-------

18 Who is a God like you,
    who pardons sin and forgives the transgression
    of the remnant of his inheritance?
You do not stay angry forever
    but delight to show mercy.
19 You will again have compassion on us;
    you will tread our sins underfoot
    and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.

============

“Wham!” was the first thing that happened as I stubbed my toe against a cabinet. I ran around the house looking for my keys and it seemed to take a solid year to find them. I was in a hurry to get to work and “this guy” was in front of me with his blinker on for miles, doing well under the speed limit. “What a day!” I thought to myself.

  • There are some days where I get flustered.
  • There are some days that seem to have more wrong than right.
  • There are some days that simply just get to me!


As I rushed throughout the day I noticed my demeanor getting worse and worse. I went to get something to eat and my order was wrong! “That’s it! I had enough!” I thought to myself. I wasn’t going to let the day push me around anymore! I was ready to argue, fuss and fight with the next thing that went wrong. Is this how I should be?

  • GOD says to me “Place your hope in me and I will hear you.”
  • GOD says to me “I AM the one who pardons your sins and forgives your transgressions.”
  • GOD says to me “I will not stay angry forever and I delight in showing mercy to you.”


“Delight” was the thing that was missing from the day. From early morning and all throughout the day, I had missed out on “delightful” moments that could have been wonderful. Instead of complaining, I should seek out what delights GOD.

By slowing down long enough to place my “hope” in HIM through prayer, GOD actually listens directly to me. Amazing! HE leads me to a quiet place and turns my hurried harassed day into a place where I can see HIM doing HIS wonders. GOD has compassion on me.

  • Are you ready to fight?
  • Are you ready to snap and are collecting your “side” of the story?
  • Will you put down your poison and put away your sharp tongued weapons and seek GOD’s peace?
  • Will you ask yourself “Why am I so angry” and ask GOD to show what delights HIM today?


No comments:

Post a Comment