Monday, November 21, 2016

Destruction Restored


Nahum 2: The Lord will restore the splendor of Jacob
    like the splendor of Israel,
though destroyers have laid them waste
    and have ruined their vines.

============

“My life is ruined!” I thought to myself. I had a new pair of pants and the pen in my pocket “flooded” and drained all throughout the fabric. I had to deal with the humiliation all day, which was about five hours or so!

“My life is ruined!” I thought to myself when I was in a head on collision. Not making much money, I did not have enough to buy another car. I had to resort to walking a mile and a half to work!

  • There were times when I thought “my life is ruined” because I lost something I deemed as special.
  • There were times when I believed “this is the end” when something was taken out of my hands.
  • There were times when I felt “Everything is falling apart” when something I wanted was not achieved.


From music collections to money, I have had things stolen, lost and destroyed. When I lost five dollars before going into the amusement park I cried like a child, because I was a child. In fact, even when I got older I was childish in response to the stuff that was now gone. What should I do?

  • GOD says to me “The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.”
  • GOD says to me “You cannot serve money and ME.”
  • GOD says to me “Give everything to ME and all will be well with you.”


By giving everything to GOD I noticed I did not mind “as much” if HE took whatever “it” was away. “It” is all HIS anyway. Job said “The LORD gives and the LORD takes away; blessed be the name of the LORD” and this is true. I cannot say it does not hurt to lose stuff, but I can say that I do not have to stay in mourning over the lost stuff long.

GOD says “I will restore your splendor” which means I have splendor in the first place. HE enjoys picking me up, dusting me off and placing me in a high place that I never would have expected. GOD’s plan is incredibly wonderful for me. I do not have to fret over “stuff” very long.

  • Are you crying over something you lost or was stolen from you?
  • Do you feel like everything is ruined now that you don’t have the income, house or car?
  • Can you stop looking at the stuff for a moment and look at GOD?
  • Will you allow HIM to restore you to the splendor HE made you with today?  


No comments:

Post a Comment