Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Greatness out of Small Places

Micah 5:“But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,
    though you are small among the clans of Judah,
out of you will come for me
    one who will be ruler over Israel,
whose origins are from of old,
    from ancient times.”

-------

He will stand and shepherd his flock
    in the strength of the Lord,
    in the majesty of the name of the Lord his God.
And they will live securely, for then his greatness
    will reach to the ends of the earth.

============

Eloquent was his speech and solid was his direction. I watched this person rise from nothing to become the CEO of one of the largest companies in the world. I asked him where he lived when he grew up. Surprisingly he answered “the projects” or “slums” or “ghetto” to others. I thought to myself, “Someone this fantastic can come out of a place that is looked down upon by the masses?”

  • Sometimes I underestimate the people in small places.
  • Sometimes I overlook the people in places that are categorized as off limits.
  • Sometimes I protect myself by labeling places and people instead of searching for bright spots.


When I went to serve in a neighborhood that was classified as dangerous, I found people who had aspirations of becoming a doctor, lawyer, and famous musician. These individuals had something in common, they all followed GOD.

  • JESUS chose to become a human in a town that was overlooked.
  • JESUS chose to be born in a place where people would classify it as a slum or a ghetto.
  • JESUS chose to provide HIS redemption through a small place called Bethlehem.


GOD told me to teach these people about HIM and as they sat in my class I could see them grasping onto HIS message in their own way. They were hungry for the LORD and HE did enable them to become what they sought out to be! GOD raised them to their place and they have not forgotten HIM. I learned a lesson, never label a place or person that GOD has a plan for, including myself!

  • Are you labeling people in order to protect yourself?
  • Have you labeled people so much that you refuse to serve them?
  • Will you remove your label and serve people who do not look or act like you?
  • Can you realize that you may serve a person who will be used by GOD to bring millions to HIM?


No comments:

Post a Comment