Friday, November 18, 2016

Help in Troubled Times

Habakkuk 1: The Lord is good,
    a refuge in times of trouble.
He cares for those who trust in him

============

 Sitting on the edge of my bed, I worried about my “future.” What would it be like? How will I make it with the debt I was carrying? I ignored those who spoke about all that “GOD” stuff and went on my way.  I mean they don’t seem any better off. In fact, I have seen some people who spoke about “GOD” who were even more in debt than I was!

  • There were times that I worried about “my future.”
  • There were times when I did the math and my future looked bleak!
  • There were times when life did not seem to provide enough money so I thought everything was bad.


“Trust in the dollar with all your thoughts and all your future plans and all your ways” was my way of thinking. I would talk about where I was with others and they would put on a pity face with me. There seemed to be no way out! BUT GOD said something different!

  • GOD said to me “Put your total trust in ME and all will be well with you.”
  • GOD said to me “Seek ME in times of trouble and you will find refuge.”
  • GOD said to me “Give me your worries, fears and doubts and I will make your paths straight.”


I had reached the end of my rope, or so I thought. I went to a small church and the preacher asked “Is there anyone here who wants to give their life back to GOD?” Something inside me said, “Get up!” so I did. As I walked down the aisle, I could hear clapping and cheering. Tear flowed down my face as I reached a group who prayed for me and with me. I finally felt at peace!

  • Are you troubled?
  • Do you think there is no way out?
  • Can you place your trust in GOD today?
  • Will you give HIM your fears, worries and doubts?
  • Can you place your total trust in GOD and stop looking at the past and the future?


No comments:

Post a Comment