Monday, November 28, 2016

What to Live By


Habakkuk 2: “See, the enemy is puffed up;
    his desires are not upright—
    but the righteous person will live by his faithfulness

============

“You are very good at what you do” someone said to me. “I am” I thought to myself. I “deserve” a raise and a promotion. I did not put my feet on the person’s desk physically, but I did with my words. “When will I be next in line for a higher position?” I said.

  • There have been times when I have thought “more highly” of myself.
  • There have been times when I have felt I am “better” than “that” person.
  • There have been times when I have believed the words of flattery and let them go to my head.


After getting the promotion I soon realized this was not enough. I mean my boss was asking me all the questions. Shouldn’t “I” be the boss? I took classes on how to get to the next level and after a while I did become the boss, only after a lot of people were fired! Good riddance! Or was it?

  • GOD wants me to walk humbly with HIM.
  • GOD desires that I live for HIM and not for the job.
  • GOD wants me to follow HIS ways and live by HIS faithfulness.


Instead of becoming a repellent, GOD wants me to be a draw to many. HE wants me to place my sinful desires at HIS feet and ask “Do YOU want me to have this?” and allow HIS answer to be “No!” HE wants me to treat everyone with respect and allow HIS humility to be my guide.

Faithfulness to GOD is the creed I need to follow. It should not matter how high I climb as long as I have GOD guiding me. GOD removes my arrogance and replaces it with HIS wisdom.

  • Do you have a deserving attitude?
  • Do you believe you should be treated better?
  • Do you think you can rob or take whatever you desire?
  • Can you stop thinking more highly of yourself and allow GOD to humble your ways?

Dedicated to the robber who attacked one of my daughter’s. – GOD forgives

No comments:

Post a Comment