Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Where to Place Trust


Nahum 3: 16 You have increased the number of your merchants
    till they are more numerous than the stars in the sky,
but like locusts they strip the land
    and then fly away.
17 Your guards are like locusts,
    your officials like swarms of locusts
    that settle in the walls on a cold day—
but when the sun appears they fly away,
    and no one knows where.

============

“Go to school” was the overarching advice given to me by the masses. I went, got kicked out, went back and finally finished. “Get a job” was the next message that was a norm to society. I went, got kicked out, went back and same story.

  • Sometimes I place my trust in governmental themes.
  • Sometimes I place my trust in societal norms.
  • Sometimes I place my trust in global commerce.


Looking back, I can see the bright shiny statements of groups promising safety and security. In glowing gullibility I soaked it up and followed the masses like a lemming. One day I cheered for “my” choice of a leader, the next I pouted in disappointment. Where should I place my trust?

  • GOD says to me “I AM the one who controls nations, not humans.”
  • GOD says to me “I AM the one who controls economies, not groups.”
  • GOD says to me “I AM the one who gives and I AM the one who takes, not bosses, leaders or chiefs.”


Completing school is great, getting a job is wonderful, having a business is amazing, but all is for naught without GOD. Placing too much trust in any human construct is a huge mistake. GOD sees the storehouses being built and in an instance, wipes it away like dust. HE makes me nervous, quite honestly.

I mean should I keep going in any effort? Yes! I need to traverse the unknown holding GOD’s hand every step of the way. GOD desires that I dwell in HIM and HE in me. My jealousy of the rich and powerful diminishes when I know GOD is pleased with me following HIS plan.

  • Are you secretly following government and preaching GOD?
  • Do you get mad at not being wealthy enough as society dictates?
  • Can you stop following the crowd and start following GOD who controls it all?
  • Will you place your total trust in GOD today?


No comments:

Post a Comment