Friday, December 16, 2016

Exhaustion Solution

Zechariah 7: “This is what the Lord Almighty said: ‘Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. 10 Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the foreigner or the poor. Do not plot evil against each other.’

============

“I’m going to get that person back!” were my words. I used a lot of energy developing my plan. I lost several nights’ sleep while I brooded over situations that I would replay in my mind. “How dare they!” would come to mind as I think of more retaliation.

  • There were times in my life when my immaturity led me to anger.
  • There were times in my life when my immaturity led me to rage.
  • There were times in my life when I wanted to harm those who harmed me, or at least in my mind they did!


After a while I believed the lies my mind told me about “that” person. I would replay old videos and negate positive imagery. I was not at peace. Soon I found myself mad at the world because I wanted people to justify my rage. I became exhausted. What was I to do?

  • GOD said to me “Show mercy and compassion to one another.”
  • GOD said to me “Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the foreigner or the poor.”
  • GOD said to me “Do not plot evil against each other.”


When I reviewed my rage I realized I had no compassion, extended oppressive thoughts and an evil plot. I had not let go of the situation or the person, for that matter. GOD sees every heart and knows the wickedness of all souls. HE allows us to be prodigals and has compassion to enable our return. HE wants me to see HIS example and to give my stony heart to HIM.

Only GOD can change a person, it is not my job. HE is busy trying to change me! HE wants me to have perfect peace within HIM so I can drop my rage in exchange for mercy and compassion. I can release my anger and exchange it for peace. I can get rid of my evil plot and exchange it for encouragement. GOD gives me peace.

  • Are you exhausted because of your evil thoughts?
  • Are you tired trying to justify your oppressive thinking?
  • Will you stop trying replaying old issues and live for GOD today?




No comments:

Post a Comment