Haggai 2: 4 But now be strong, Zerubbabel,’ declares the Lord. ‘Be strong, Joshua son of Jozadak, the high priest. Be strong, all you people of the land,’ declares the Lord, ‘and work. For I am with you,’ declares the Lord Almighty. 5 ‘This is what I covenanted with you when you came out of Egypt. And my Spirit remains among you. Do not fear.’
Nervous about the journey I set out by myself. I had never traveled this far alone. “Which block do I turn down?” Dogs could sense my fear as I scurried past them. I made it to school safely. This was huge! Years later, with little to no counseling, I applied for college. I stood in the wrong line to sign up for classes and had no idea how to study, but somehow I made it.
Still years later I had just implemented technology to make the company more money. After the celebration, the position I held was eliminated. I was back to asking “Which way should I go?”
- There have been many times I have been faced with walking blindly.
- There have been many times I have had to go places that seemed unknown.
- There have been many times I have been in an impossible situation that seemed like I would overwhelmingly fail.
In each instance I felt like giving up. I mean I had no help, no one to guide me and the odds seemed impossible. BUT GOD always had a different message.
- GOD said to me “Be strong for I brought you out of Egypt.”
- GOD said to me “Be strong for I have been with you every step of the way.”
- GOD said to me “Be strong for MY SPIRIT remains among you. Do not fear.”
I left out a part in each story. When I felt like giving up, GOD showed me the way. Inevitably a person would pop up and guide me to a better place. HE placed HIS servants all over the world and enabled me to be guided in places I never would have dreamed of. HE has led me to still waters and restored my soul.
- Do you feel lost?
- Do you feel like giving up?
- Will you stop looking for the destination and seek GOD who will give you strength?
- Will you ask HIM for HIS direction and deliverance today?