Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Going Through the Fire

Zechariah 13: This third I will put into the fire;
    I will refine them like silver
    and test them like gold.
They will call on my name
    and I will answer them;
I will say, ‘They are my people,’
    and they will say, ‘The Lord is our God.’

============

What a year! I mean I have seen so much happen and many days I spent on my knees praying. I can truly say “The LORD is our GOD!”

  • GOD takes me through fire in order to refine me.
  • GOD takes me through fire in order to test me.
  • GOD takes me through fire in order to burn away the impurities.


I can understand these words when the writer thanks GOD for various trials, because they make me stronger and stronger. GOD’s test never feels good. I squirm and ask “Can the test be over now?” BUT GOD has a much better plan. HE holds me in the fire a little longer until HE can see the gold of HIS fruit shining through.


No comments:

Post a Comment