Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Take the First Step


Zechariah 1: “The Lord was very angry with your ancestors. Therefore tell the people: This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Return to me,’ declares the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ says the Lord Almighty.

============

Choosing to “get away from GOD” was probably one of my worst choices. What the choice meant was I was tired of following rules and not getting my way. I wanted to be as wild and “free” as I wanted to be. When I looked at those who did not believe in any god but themselves, I saw prosperity and hedonistic pleasure. I wonder if I should try that.

  • Sometimes I look at GOD as being too strict.
  • Sometimes I look at GOD having too many rules.
  • Sometimes I look at GOD as if HE were the problem, not the solution.


Looking back at those pouting years, I could see my immaturity towards GOD. I had already accepted the fact that JESUS died for my sins, yet I abandoned following HIS ways. When life started to unravel I did not know what to do.

  • GOD said to me “I WILL always be with you.”
  • GOD said to me “I WILL never leave you nor forsake you.”
  • GOD said to me “Return to me, declares the LORD Almighty, and I WILL return to you.”


After licking my wounds I decided to turn back to GOD. It felt rather strange at first. I mean restraining myself from “freedom” and becoming a slave to GOD was not my first choice. It seemed like I would never have “fun” again!

After a while I realized I was simply following a lie. “Fun” is found within GOD, so is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. The hole in my life was finally filled. I had to take the first step to return to GOD and HE has never let me down!

  • Are you thinking about turning away from GOD?
  • Have you already left GOD and are too ashamed to return?
  • Can you stop believing lies and take the first step by turning back to GOD?



No comments:

Post a Comment