Thursday, December 1, 2016

What to Look For


Zephaniah 2: Seek the Lord, all you humble of the land,
    you who do what he commands.
Seek righteousness, seek humility;
    perhaps you will be sheltered
    on the day of the Lord’s anger.

============

What does it mean to “Seek first the Kingdom of GOD?” I mean don’t I have to eat and pay bills first? I remember sitting on an airplane and hearing them say “Put your oxygen mask on first before helping someone else with theirs.” Shouldn’t I get what’s mine first?

  • Sometimes I think of finances before I think of GOD.
  • Sometimes I think of people with titles before I think of GOD.
  • Sometimes I think of my wellbeing before I think of GOD.


With all of the busy-ness the world has to offer, I can get distracted. I can get into a seemingly innocent path of becoming so busy that I never once look up to see something special. When the winds of life blow against me I get frightened and then I look for GOD to mop up all the mess I’m in. How can I get out of this rut?

  • GOD says to me “Seek righteousness” and since no human is righteous I need to seek GOD.
  • GOD says to me “Seek humility” and since my heart is desperately wicked I need to seek GOD’s heart.
  • GOD says to me “Seek MY kingdom first” and since HE owns everything I need to bow to HIM daily before my day starts.


There is nothing GOD places on me that is too hard for me. HE doesn’t command that I become a title or live in fame rather HE simply wants me to follow HIM in HIS righteousness and humility. Seeking GOD means I am looking for HIM on a daily basis. In my hunt for fame and fortune I must ask GOD “Is this what YOU want for me?”

Serving money and GOD cannot ever mix. I cannot mask my intentions by pretending to serve church folks when I really want their monetary gain. I must truly desire that people get to know GOD, end of story. Seeking GOD as my teacher enables me to learn forever!

  • What are you seeking?
  • Are you mad that you are not getting your way?
  • Can you stop pouting and start learning from GOD today?
  • Will you seek GOD’s heart before yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment