Matthew 10: 32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
It felt great being baptized in front of the entire church. I acknowledge my declaration of following JESUS in front of a group of those who believed as well. Years later I was asked to become one of the leaders who would spread GOD’s word at a corporation. “What about the people who worship other gods or no GOD, who work for me?” I thought to myself. I declined.
- I have reasoned my way out of speaking about CHRIST.
- I have thought about the consequences of speaking about CHRIST and chose to go away from HIM.
- I have hidden my relationship with CHRIST so I could “get ahead.”
Foolishly I thought “I” was the one who got me to where I was. I thought it was my wit, drive and determination and I did not want to jeopardize all that I had built up by upsetting those in power. BUT GOD wanted me to act different.
- GOD wants me to acknowledge HIM wherever I am.
- GOD wants me to declare HIS righteousness in front of people, not just in my head.
- GOD wants me to open my mouth and say to others “GOD is my LORD and SAVIOR.”
Trying to fit in caused me to douse my flame for GOD. I mean if I shined HIS light too much then I could be labeled a religious fanatic and lose my job. I lost my job anyway! What a waste. GOD wants me to carry HIM throughout the day.
I don’t mean that I stop important meetings to force people to pray at work. I mean I should go into work ready to share GOD’s great news to those HE sends me. Fitting in is not the quest, finding and feeding sheep is.
- Are you hiding your relationship with GOD in front of people?
- Have you passed up major opportunities to show your relationship with HIM in order to flaunt your wealth?
- Can you stop hiding who you are supposed to be and tell people about CHRIST today?