Wednesday, March 1, 2017

True Dedication

Matthew 10: 34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
    a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36     a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

============

Does GOD want me to bicker and complain about my family? It sure seems like it in this passage, but there may be another view.

  • GOD wants me to have total dependence on HIM.
  • GOD wants me to have total faith in HIM.
  • GOD wants me to have total trust in HIM.


If my family, friends or neighbors do not have their own dependence, faith and trust in HIM, then weird things happen. Decisions made on faith will be questioned by those who have little. The cry to spread GOD’s message of salvation will be rejected instead of being embraced.

  • GOD does not want me to spread hatred towards any person but HE wants me to let go of those who do not chose to follow HIM.
  • GOD does not want me to pick fights with those who are close to me rather HE desires that I focus them on HIM and step back from their relationship with HIM.
  • GOD wants me to place HIS desires for me over any desires I have for myself or others.


Choosing to follow GOD sounds harsh but really is not. JESUS took on the sins of the world and is blamed for what I do daily. The FATHER and HOLY SPIRIT agreed on JESUS volunteering to become a human to save all. It’s no wonder that anyone who does not love this action will be released from GOD’s single act of ultimate love.

GOD wants my total belief and HE wants my family to do the same. If they choose not to follow GOD, then HE wants me to love them but allow HIM to do as HE pleases to guide them back to HIM. HE then wants me to do HIS will daily.

  • Are you ostracized by your family or community because you have chosen JESUS as your savior?
  • Are you scared to follow GOD’s calling for you because of your family?
  • Can you love your family but follow GOD’s calling for you?
  • Will you take up your cross daily meaning give up your will daily for HIM?


No comments:

Post a Comment