Matthew 13: 3 Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9 Whoever has ears, let them hear.”
Overlooked in this passage is the farmer. There are many qualities of the farmer that stick out to me.
- The farmer had a purpose, namely to sow as many seeds as he could.
- The farmer did not care where he spread the seeds because he had plenty to spread.
- The farmer had seeds of potential that could produce huge crops from only a few.
JESUS was so busy explaining what the seeds were for that could not get to the point where HE revealed HIMSELF as the farmer. HE had plenty of seed to spread but sometimes I could not allow them to grow in my life. BUT GOD did something wonderful in my life.
- GOD tilled my rocky soil heart to become softer.
- GOD fertilized my barren heart to become ready.
- GOD watered my dried up heart to grow HIS seeds.
Farming is the example in this parable that is often overlooked. GOD wants me to spread HIS seeds wherever I go.
- Does your life have purpose?
- Can you stop caring about who you spread GOD’s message to and go where HE sends you?
- Will you take one “seed of potential” and place it in someone today to grow GOD’s kingdom?