Matthew 11: 20 Then Jesus began to denounce the towns in which most of his miracles had been performed, because they did not repent. 21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. 22 But I tell you, it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you.
Desiring to see a miracle, I asked GOD to do some of the stuff I read about. “Part a river” or “Heal ‘this” specific person” or “Heal my eyes.” I wanted to see GOD in action. I was met with silence.
- There were times I did not have faith in GOD.
- There were times I wanted GOD to prove HIMSELF to me.
- There were times I wanted to do my own thing and seeing a miracle may not have changed me.
Looking back I can see my lack of maturity in how I thought of GOD. I figured HE was not as much of a GOD if I could not see the stuff “I” wanted to see. Fortunately for me GOD works differently.
- GOD performs miracles on a daily basis; I need to open my eyes to what is going on around me.
- GOD shows me HIS power each and every day; I need to be willing to accept what HE is showing me.
- GOD speaks to me every day; I need to have a willing heart to hear what HE has to say.
“Give”, “Forgive”, “Pray” or “Go” are words I often hear and ignore along with many others. GOD tends to tell me things that would benefit HIS kingdom and I ignore what HE says because I am too busy with “my” stuff. I mean what about me, is my pout.
GOD forgives my selfish times too. HE simply wants me to see HIS miracles and repent.
- Are you trying to make GOD prove HIMSELF?
- Is your faith based on what you can see?
- Will you stop looking and start paying attention to who GOD is bringing to you?