Matthew 12: 25 Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. 26 If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? 27 And if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. 28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.
“Divide and conquer” was the advice of my boss. I heard it all the time and even used these words. It may have been used in a harmless way at the time to tackle a problem. Division can also have extreme consequences.
- I have seen families divided to long term hurt.
- I have seen neighborhoods divided to long term degradation.
- I have seen churches divided to eternal consequences of someone observing.
Divisive tactics begin by slander followed by justification of a point. “First let me show you how stupid that person is” followed by “Here is why I am right.” Blindly I followed these tactics. It was called “The Game.” GOD was not pleased with those tactics.
- GOD wants me to see others with the value HE sees I them.
- GOD wants me to be with HIM instead of being against HIM.
- GOD wants me to multiply instead of divide.
Living together in peace with people who are against me is difficult but worth it. They may look different than me or even have very different views, BUT GOD wants me to remain and be HIS servant. HE wants me to pray for the different just as much as I pray for my friends and family.
GOD wants me to bring people together so we can multiply HIS kingdom in unity in CHRIST.
- Are you divisive?
- Do you find yourself brooding over someone?
- Can you stop your pouting and join them so you can bring the kingdom to more people?
- Will you ask for GOD’s strength to stay where you are and reach your different neighbors?