Matthew 11: 27 “All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
At one point I used to use “GOD” generically. I mean other people worship “god” aren’t they simply talking about the same GOD I’m talking about? No! This scripture caught my eye this morning.
- JESUS said “All things have been committed to me by MY FATHER” meaning HE is GOD.
- JESUS said “No one knows the SON except the FATHER” meaning HE is part of the holy trinity.
- JESUS said “HE chooses to reveal the FATHER to people.”
Knowing GOD is more than book knowledge. There is a supernatural gift of knowing who the FATHER is. JESUS gives anyone this gift if they believe in the need for the gift. What I’m saying is I must believe that I was on my way to being eternally separated from GOD at one point.
I had to acknowledge that I do not deserve a relationship with GOD but I could have one if I believe the SON became a man, was murdered for my sins, was raised from the dead and was given all power. This I truly believe and I could only believe this because the SON has given me the gift of salvation.
No one knows GOD except those GOD has revealed HIMSELF to.
- Are you lost?
- Are you trying to relate to GOD your own way?
- Can you stop trying to do things your way and follow GOD through JESUS who is GOD?