Friday, March 3, 2017

Not Going to Stumble

Matthew 11:When John, who was in prison, heard about the deeds of the Messiah, he sent his disciples to ask him, “Are you the one who is to come, or should we expect someone else?”

Jesus replied, “Go back and report to John what you hear and see: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor. Blessed is anyone who does not stumble on account of me.”

============

Wind propelled pellets of ice and snow in my face. I zipped my coat up to my nose and pulled my hat down to my glasses. The mile walk was long and my foot sunk deep into the mucky drifts. I felt like giving up and turning back. “Keep going” were the words that popped in my head. When I arrived at the bus stop, four busses arrived at once!

  • Many times I felt like giving up.
  • Many times I thought GOD was a waste of time.
  • Many times I questioned HIS plan as if HE were the problem versus the Savior.


Giving up on GOD means I refuse to take the next step with HIM on life’s journey. I gave up on HIM and stopped praying to HIM at one point. I mean “What good is it to pray if HE says ‘No’ all the time?” was my immature thought. GOD was gracious enough to me to have patience.

  • GOD opened my eyes to my selfishness and showed me just how blessed I am.
  • GOD opened my ears to tell me HIS message and to bring other people to HIM.
  • GOD repaired my broken spirit and gave me legs to walk to the poor and proclaim HIS good news!


Difficult times bring on a choice. Either I will choose to cling to JESUS or I will blame HIM for my problems. It is that simple. Stumbling happens. My faith gets shaken when the snowy winds of life hits me in the face. BUT GOD blesses me “when” I do not stumble and show a mustard seed of faith.

  • Are you ready to give up?
  • Do you think the road is too far and life is hitting you in the face?
  • Can you keep going in your faith so you can make it to GOD’s destination for you?
  • Will you choose not to stumble today?


No comments:

Post a Comment