Matthew 12: 38 Then some of the Pharisees and teachers of the law said to him, “Teacher, we want to see a sign from you.”
39 He answered, “A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. 41 The men of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and now something greater than Jonah is here. 42 The Queen of the South will rise at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for she came from the ends of the earth to listen to Solomon’s wisdom, and now something greater than Solomon is here.
Wow, this sure feels wrong said my internal compass. I looked down and checked the GPS and saw the words “Rerouting” over and over. I had accidentally turned the volume down and could not hear my phone begging and pleading for me to turn around. Meanwhile, I had passed a massive sign that would have easily shown me the way, even without a GPS.
- There have been times I have ignored the signs.
- There have been times I have turned down the volume and listened to my own direction.
- There have been times I wanted to see a sign when the sign was already given to me.
When I say to GOD “Just give me a sign” I may have already passed up the sign HE gave me. I am then forced to turn around and travel a very uncomfortable road, relearning lessons I should have paid attention to in the first place.
- GOD has given me HIS ultimate sign, namely JESUS.
- GOD has already done enough to show me HIS love, all I have to do now is praise HIM.
- GOD is greater than any prophet or king and HE came to earth in the form of a human to be murdered just for me.
When I want GOD to give me my way, I scream out “just give me a sign” or I hunt for signs that give me evidence of HIS love. HE has already given me plenty I need only to ask HIM to “Open my blind eyes to YOUR blessings” daily.
- Are you blinded with your desires that you have already passed GOD’s sign for you?
- Can you ask GOD to open your eyes to do HIS will and to stop seeking the comforts of this day?
- Will you turn to CHRIST so HE will be your sign?