Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Sticks and Stones

Matthew 11: 18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’ 19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ But wisdom is proved right by her deeds.”

============

“You are a…” were words that used to affect me greatly. I mean the deliverer must be an expert in the matter so when someone delivers the blow, “You are an idiot” I must be an idiot right?

  • I have been called many names.
  • I have been labeled many things.
  • I have been placed in a box by shortsighted people.


Character is something done, good or bad that is not seen by anyone. When I am trying my best to follow GOD’s ways, yet someone labels me otherwise, then I must not get upset because I am in good company.

  • CHRIST was slandered and accused falsely.
  • JESUS was called all kinds of names because HE did not meet human expectations.
  • Our LORD was labeled a sinner, though HE committed no sin.


Insecure people dream of what they can call other people. They take the spotlight off of them in order to place it negatively on another person. GOD does not want me to retaliate with sophomoric retorts. HE asks that I rise above the words and pray for those who shoot the darts.

  • Are you the butt of jokes?
  • Do you feel insecure because of something a person has called you or labeled you?
  • Can you stop listening to insecure people who do not have your best interest in mind?
  • Will you listen to GOD who loves you and created you with a purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment