Monday, March 27, 2017

Unoccupied House

Matthew 12: 43 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”

============

Someone told me it would take one hundred days to start or break any daily habit. I had plenty of “bad” habits so I chose a few and stopped cold turkey. Ninety eight, ninety nine, one hundred was my countdown. I did it I thought to myself, but after a while, I missed my old habits.

  • Sin can become a habit.
  • Sin can overwhelm the thoughts.
  • Sin can fill an empty void.


After sweeping out my house and putting everything in order I still felt empty so I chose to fill the void with more sin. After a while it seemed like I was in worse shape. What was I to do?

  • GOD said to me “I will continue to knock on your heart and will enter if you allow ME.”
  • GOD said to me “I will pursue you as one of MY lost sheep.”
  • GOD said to me “I will fill you up until you are overflowing.”


Filling my emptiness with the things of the world left me in a very bad spot. BUT GOD did something different. HE filled me with HIS HOLY SPIRIT which gave me purpose to do HIS will. The void was gone and something overflowed, namely CHRIST.

I realized I would never become “clean” but I can be “forgiven.” Now thanksgiving fills my heart knowing that I am redeemed.

  • Are you trying to do “self-help” techniques without GOD?
  • Do you think you can “clean” yourself up and get your life on track by yourself?
  • Will you stop trying to do things under your own power and seek GOD’s face?



No comments:

Post a Comment