Matthew 12: 46 While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. 47 Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”
48 He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”
Outcast was how I felt when going to school. I mean other’s fit in and I stuck out like a sore thumb, or at least I felt that way. Ridiculed and unpopular, I trudged through my daily routines. Fortunately for me, I met a group who pulled me in as one of their own.
- Regardless of what I look like, I am part of GOD’s glorious family.
- No matter how I have sinned in the past, I am part of GOD’s wonderful family.
- Irrespective of what I want to be, I am a person in GOD’s family.
Belonging is what I craved from the world but the requirements were too steep. I had to look like the trendiest people and act like people who acted like brats. I could not be quirky in my humor or just relax when I wanted to. BUT GOD says different.
- GOD says to me “I made you just how you are.”
- GOD says to me “I created you with a purpose that only you can fulfill.”
- GOD says to me “I love you so now you belong in MY family.”
Being part of a holy family is a breath of fresh air. I can be valuable just by being me. GOD expects me to treat others the same. HE wants me to see their value as part of an amazing family that HE created and purposed. I belong.
- Do you feel like an outcast?
- Is your immediate family torn apart?
- Can you give your life to GOD so you can be part of an amazing family who are still sinners yet forgiven?