Matthew 21: 18 Early in the morning, as Jesus was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. 19 Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, “May you never bear fruit again!” Immediately the tree withered.
20 When the disciples saw this, they were amazed. “How did the fig tree wither so quickly?” they asked.
21 Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. 22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”
Curiosity filled my mind as I was about to embark on my journey. I had never been this far away from home in my life and I was excited! I turned the corner and saw people I had never seen before. I kept pedaling and made it back from around the block. This was my first time visiting the block over!
- When I have never done something before, I wonder if it can be done.
- When I am venturing into the unknown I am curious and sometimes quite scared.
- When I cannot see the path and I am told to “go” I question the sender.
JESUS is giving the disciples a lesson in faith. HE tells them they can do incredible things here on earth if they would only believe. HE says the same for me. At one point I did not know if I could make it around the block on my bike. I had the same doubts about driving to school, to college and across a nation. BUT GOD showed me I could.
- GOD does not expect me to immediately have faith.
- GOD does not expect me to instantly know I can connect to HIS incredible power and strength.
- GOD does not expect me to know everything HE can do.
Gaining faith is a daily walk JESUS had to tell HIS disciples that they could move mountains if they believed. They were HIS apprentices. I am too. JESUS shows me HIS miracles daily and soon I believe more and more in HIS power. After a while I believe HE can do anything so all I need to do is ask and it will be done. GO is truly amazing!
- Do you think you do not have enough faith to amazing things?
- Can you start small and add a measure of faith daily?
- Will you stop looking at yourself and believe that GOD can do anything, all you have to do is ask?