Friday, July 7, 2017

Great Expectations


Matthew 21: 33 “Listen to another parable: There was a landowner who planted a vineyard. He put a wall around it, dug a winepress in it and built a watchtower. Then he rented the vineyard to some farmers and moved to another place. 34 When the harvest time approached, he sent his servants to the tenants to collect his fruit.

35 “The tenants seized his servants; they beat one, killed another, and stoned a third. 36 Then he sent other servants to them, more than the first time, and the tenants treated them the same way. 37 Last of all, he sent his son to them. ‘They will respect my son,’ he said.

============

What I noticed about this passage is GOD is the owner of everything. HE created people for HIS pleasure and had some great expectations that HIS creation would grow and multiply. HE desired a wonderful relationship with HIS creation so HE put people in charge of HIS created kingdom.

Those in charge soon realized they could have heaven on earth and would do anything to keep it. When people tried to give to the poor or serve one another, the greedy made more rules to make it increasingly harder for them to live. They sold their souls for money.

  • GOD wants me to “collect HIS fruit.”
  • GOD wants me to watch over HIS vineyard until it grows.
  • GOD wants me to “Respect HIS SON.”


Since GOD owned everything HE decided to give it all to HIS creation. But instead of appreciating the gift, we treated it like we deserved it. We pouted for more and complained when we did not get our way. When GOD sent people to tell us our wrongs, we did not believe and slandered them and killed HIS SON.

  • The more I can act like HIS expectations the better.
  • The more I can appreciate HIS gift the better off I am.
  • The more I can understand HIS expectations of me the more I can appreciate HIS gift for me.


GOD’s expectations were only out of love for me. HE gave me so much, and in return only wants me to express my enjoyment of what HE has done. My expectations of HIM are great!

  • Are you complaining?
  • Do you worry?
  • Can you stop and praise GOD for giving you so much?


No comments:

Post a Comment