Matthew 22: 8 “Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9 So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.
11 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12 He asked, ‘How did you get in here without wedding clothes, friend?’ The man was speechless.
13 “Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
14 “For many are invited, but few are chosen.”
Delicious food was just sitting there in the hallway. I was starving and headed towards the wonderful aroma. “Do you have your badge?” said the hotel attendant with a stern voice. “Um, no” was my pitiful reply. It seemed like everyone around could hear the conversation so they all looked at me.
- There were places I wanted to see but did not have a ticket.
- There were events I wanted to be involved in but I did not have a pass.
- There were concerts I wanted to hear but I did not get my ticket in time.
Embarrassed, disappointed and upset were my feelings when I had the chance to get a ticket or a pass but I waited and they were all gone, therefore I missed out. JESUS’s parable was about missing out. HE gave people a chance to come to HIS wedding but they rejected HIM as the Messiah.
One person who tried to crash the banquet was immediately noticed because they had no wedding clothes on. JESUS was illustrating how those who accept HIM will be given “new clothes.”
- JESUS wants me to answer HIM when HE calls me the first time.
- JESUS gives me many changes to follow HIM but some day those chances will run out.
- JESUS allows me to reject HIM over and over, but if my rejection persists, then HE will ultimately reject me.
GOD’s grace is limitless to those who “believe” in the SON. Unfortunately HE has no tolerance for those who do not. HE will toss them out of HIS presence forever, saying “I invited you over and over.” I choose to live for JESUS daily so I can enjoy the official Wedding Feast.
- Are you rejecting JESUS?
- Do you feel there are many roads to heaven?
- Can you accept JESUS as the only name who can save you eternally?