Matthew 21: 23 Jesus entered the temple courts, and, while he was teaching, the chief priests and the elders of the people came to him. “By what authority are you doing these things?” they asked. “And who gave you this authority?”
24 Jesus replied, “I will also ask you one question. If you answer me, I will tell you by what authority I am doing these things. 25 John’s baptism—where did it come from? Was it from heaven, or of human origin?”
They discussed it among themselves and said, “If we say, ‘From heaven,’ he will ask, ‘Then why didn’t you believe him?’ 26 But if we say, ‘Of human origin’—we are afraid of the people, for they all hold that John was a prophet.”
27 So they answered Jesus, “We don’t know.”
Then he said, “Neither will I tell you by what authority I am doing these things.
“Have the answer before you ask the question” was the advice of the person who seemingly had “made it.” I tried it and I could suddenly tell when a person was lying. He then told me I could use this as an advantage to put people in a dilemma they could not get out of.” Hmm, this may be a good idea” I thought to myself.
- There were times I listened to hear what politics were being played.
- There were times I tried to hear words so I could have a better political stance.
- There were times I would collect my position way before I met with “that” person.
Twisted thinking brings out twisted words. Trying to “think ahead” of GOD is very impossible, but that is what the Pharisees were trying to do. They tried to twist JESUS’s words against HIM so their questions were well thought out for their advantage.
JESUS saw right through their twisted plot and did not answer their question. HE knew they were not “with” HIM rather their questions were only collecting evidence against HIM.
- GOD wants me to ask questions that come from HIS words.
- GOD wants me to ask questions that inspire people to love HIM.
- GOD wants me to ask questions that enable people to be drawn to HIS love, not repel them.
Twisting words and acting political is not trait of GOD and HE doesn’t like it when I am trying to do the same. HE wants me to hold onto the truth HE gives me and then I don’t have to twist or mince words. HE leads me to a place that leads others to HIM.
- Are you twisting words for your gain?
- Are you manipulating the situation for yourself?
- Can you stop your political thinking and start bringing people to GOD today?